Full-Time Educator Track Position
The National University of Singapore (NUS) Business School invites applications for an educator track faculty position in the Department of Finance. Applicants are expected to hold a PhD degree from an accredited institution, have excellent communication skills, and sustained reputation as a highly effective educator. Strong preference will be given to candidates who have at least five years of teaching experience and are able to teach in the areas of personal finance, fintech, and financial markets and institutions. Experience with both undergraduate teaching and with continuing education students is also strongly preferred. Candidates who are able to teach a wide range of modules and manage different class sizes (lectures and smaller classes) will also be preferred. The initial appointment is for a 3 to 5-year term.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Deliver modules in the BBA and MBA programmes, in the NUS's lifelong learning initiative, and possibly in other programmes as needed.
- Develop new teaching materials and programmes that support the department’s and school’s initiatives.
- Engage in other aspects of teaching scholarship (e.g., case/textbook writing, student project supervision).
- Deliver a full teaching load of 28 modular credits or equivalent to 7 full modular courses per academic year.
- NUS Personal Data Consent Form for Job Applicants. Please download the form from here.
- Cover letter (optional).
- Full CV including education, professional background, teaching and supervision.
- A statement of teaching philosophy and methodology.
- Teaching evaluations and/or evidence of teaching excellence(s).
- Any other materials related to teaching development.
- Name and contact details of PhD advisor/supervisor.
- At least 3 reference letters (from persons other than the PhD advisor/supervisor).
The above application materials should be sent to:
Prof David Reeb (c/o Ms Kristy Swee)
Chair, Department Search Committee
Department of Finance
NUS Business School
Mochtar Riady Building
BIZ 1, 7-77
15 Kent Ridge Drive
The application process closes on 25 April 2018. Only shortlisted applicants will be notified.