CONNECT WITH US
Strategic Philanthropy and Effective Giving
The past decades have recorded significant growth in Asian philanthropic activities. More people and institutions are donating time and money to public causes. With this research and educational programme, ACSEP aims to understand and teach how these voluntary gifts can deliver a greater social impact.
Effective giving is giving to charities or public goods that generate the highest possible social impact by optimising social welfare with voluntary resources. Strategic philanthropy is a topic closely related to effective giving, but focuses more on ‘professional’ philanthropists such as foundations and non-profit organisations.
The Strategic Philanthropy and Effective Giving programme consists of closely related research and educational activities, including:
- Surveying research on the cultural and relational drivers of philanthropy in Singapore
- Analysing experimental studies exploring decision-making in philanthropy
- Developing workshop series for corporate foundations (in cooperation with Temasek Trust Foundation)
- Conducting executive training programmes
- Developing guide books on effective giving
21 January 2019
24 August 2018
23 March 2018
23 April 2015
19 November 2014
10 October 2014