NUS Business School professors are looking for multiple full time research assistants.
The candidate will oversee day-to-day activities and the general management of assigned research projects.
These responsibilities include:
- To conduct academic literature reviews on research topics, integrate literature to propose research ideas and hypotheses, develop natural experiments, design field experiments, and use statistical software to analyse observable data. Methodologies used include field experiments, regression discontinuities, difference-in-difference analyses, among others.
- Data collection in field, external databases, and online environments
- Cleaning and merging datasets (e.g., using R, Python, Stata, SPSS, and/or SAS)
- Scheduling meetings with external parties that are relevant to the research projects
- Serves as the key liaison with external parties at such meetings
- Assisting with research presentations to external parties
- Coordinating and supervising part-time research assistants to help in the responsibilities stated above
Other administrative duties include but are not limited to checking references, formatting manuscripts, preparing statistical tables and figures, looking up for research papers, administer field experiments, organizing contacts, inputting and checking data, etc.
- Demonstrated experience or training in conducting social science research;
- Mastery of word and excel;
- Knowledge of using statistical software such as R, SPSS, STATA, or SAS;
- Responsible, detail oriented, and perfection-seeking;
- Quick in learning and creative in providing solutions;
- Basic programing knowledge is a plus;
- Independent, self-starter with initiatives and commitment
- Enjoys interacting with people and open to new experiences
- Must have the ability to proactively manage teams of research assistants across on multiple research activities.
- A strong interest in pursuing a PhD in a social science discipline and/or towards the conducts of general scientific inquiry is a bonus.
The candidate is expected to be physically present in NUS office during stipulated working hours (8.30am – 5.30pm, Mondays to Fridays). Software and tools required for data analysis will be made available. Salary will commensurate with the candidate’s qualification and relevant experience. (Monthly Salary Range: S$2,800 to S$4,000)
Appointments will be on a term-contract of one to three years, and renewable when necessary. Salaries are globally competitive and commensurate with candidate’s qualifications, track record, potential, experience.
Interested applicants should send a cover letter, curriculum vitae with complete contact information and any supporting documents, and consent form to email@example.com
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.